1867 FoundationFoundation of an agricultural machine factory on the outskirts ot the town of Vetschau.
1938 »Fahrzeug- und Gerätebau GmbH«The company »Fahrzeug- und Gerätebau PLC« in Berlin-Hermsdorf took over the Vetschau factory. It was connected on to the track network of the »Deutsche Reichsbahn« and started its production of aircraft equipment.
1945 »FAGEB Vetschau« In March about 1.200 employees worked at this enterprise. On the 19th of April , Vetschau was captured by the Red Army and the company named »FAGEB Vetschau« was confiscated. On October 1st, »FAGEB Vetschau« became an enterprise of the state-government of Mark Brandenburg. The production range comprised of agricultural equipment, field carts, household appliances, furniture, heating stoves and repair works.
1948 »FAGEB Vetschau« was fused with the industry consortium »WB LOWA Görlitz«»FAGEB Vetschau« was fused with the industry consortium »WB LOWA Görlitz« and was restructured from a private company into a nationally owned company. Production started with the manufacture of sub assemblies to repair steam locomotives.
1953 Lorries for the miningLorries for the mining- industrial and agricultural sectors were added to the production. The company name was changed to »VEB Förderwagenbau Vetschau«.
1958 »VEB Vakuum- und Gefäßbau Vetschau«»VEB Vakuum- und Gefäßbau Vetschau« became the production plant II and »Eisengießerei Wernecke« became the production plant III after the merger with »VEB Förderwagenbau«.
1964 »VEB Förderwagenbau Vetschau« was assigned to »WB Schienenfahrzeugbau Berlin«»VEB Förderwagenbau Vetschau« was assigned to »WB Schienenfahrzeugbau Berlin«. There was a gradual change of products in order to change to a component supplier for the railway vehicle construction.
1965 Transfer of the mine lorry production to Mühlhausen / Thuringia.Transfer of the mine lorry production to Mühlhausen / Thuringia. In order to concentrate on the production of bogies for railway passenger cars. In production plant II, a new line was established for the production of floor-gratings in refrigeration vehicles.
1966 »VEB Waggonausrüstungen Vetschau«The company was renamed in »VEB Waggonausrüstungen Vetschau«.
1970 The first complete set of bogiesOn January 2nd, the first complete set of bogies was delivered to »VEB Waggonbau Görlitz«.
1989 A restructuring of the whole enterprise beganThe Inner German border was reopened. A restructuring of the whole enterprise began. In addition to bogie manufacture, reconditioning- and upgrading work on bogies was offered.
1990 »Waggonausrüstungen Vetschau GmbH«The company was renamed »Waggonausrüstungen Vetschau GmbH« as a subsidery of »Deutsche Waggonbau AG«. In December of this year, the 25,000th bogie was completed.
1991 Tram bogiesThe product range was extended to include the reconditioning and upgrading of tram bogies.
1993 The first certificationThe first certification was awarded with TÜV Certificat DIN/ISO 9001/EN 29001.
1995 The production of electrically powered bogiesThe production of electrically powered bogies began for the S-Bahn Berlin.
1998 The »Deutsche Waggonbau GmbH« was taken over by »Bombardier Transportation«The »Deutsche Waggonbau GmbH« was taken over by »Bombardier Transportation«. The production of the first bogies for low-floor trams was started.
2000 Integration into the Görlitz worksThe Vetschau operation was incorporated as an operative part of the Görlitz works.
2001 Closing intensions»Bombardier Transportation« nourished thoughts to close the Vetschau works.
2003 The Vetschau works were sold to foreign investorsThe Vetschau works were sold to foreign investors. On May 1st, »TransTec Maschinenbau GmbH« was founded.
2007 Change of shareholderShareholder change in February and renaming to »TransTec Vetschau GmbH«.
2010 40 years of bogie production40 years of bogie production in Vetschau (about 40,000 units were built by then).